Friday, April 27, 2018

Curse of Strahd: Player Handouts

Player Handouts can add life to a game. If you are playing in person, you can hand a player a note card with a carefully designed burning sword to help them visualize the new magic item they've found. You can tea stain a map, and make it feel like a surviving relic of an ancient time. Or you can hand over a mole skin journal, a wizard's spell book.

I run most of my games online, so player handouts are digital instead of physical. But that doesn't mean there isn't a place for them. Visual aids are amazing to help with descriptions. Instead of describing the carving of a snake eating it's own tail, runes carefully winding around it's body, you can reveal a picture.

Sometimes pictures are worth a thousand words.

This is the handout I'm using for a session coming out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strixhaven and Cypher: NPC Companions and Rules for Studying and Exams

 Strixhaven in Cypher I'm running Strixhaven and powering it with the Cypher System. And by running Strixhaven I mean that I'm runni...